Wat are “cookies” and why does Focus Eye Clinic use them?
Cookies are small files stored on your computer when you visit our website. They are designed to improve your user-experience of a website.
By employing cookies we can offer you better navigation and functionality when consulting our website. By virtue of cookies we can:
- analyse how you use our website in order to optimise your visit;
- save your preferences and choices so that you do not always have to input or download the same information on each visit to our website;
- improve the security and speed of our website;
- make our marketing more efficient so that we can offer you better, more tailored service.
For what are cookies not used?
The information we collect is used only by us in Focus Eye Clinic. We do not therefore release your information to third parties. Moreover all the information is processed on an anonymous basis.
What sort of cookies are there and what are they used for?
We can divide the cookies we employ into three categories:
1. Fonctional cookies:
These cookies ensure that you can navigate our website efficiently and make full use of its functionality. These cookies facilitate how the website works and make it more convenient for visitors. These cookies include those saving your preferences, such as your language choice for example.
- cookieconsent_status (retention period: 1 year)
- updated_consent_status (retention period: 1 year)
- ASPNET_SessionId (retention period: only for that particular session)
2. Analytic cookies
Analytic cookies collect information on how visitors to our website browse and use it, and on the performance of the website. On the basis of these results, the website can be improved and visitors can then benefit from a better user experience.
Our website employs for this purpose the cookies of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Hotjar.
- _ga (retention period: 2 years)
- _gid (retention period: 24 hours)
- _gat (retention period: 1 minute)
- _gtm (retention period: 24 hours)
- hjIncludedInSample (retention period: only for that particular session)
3. Marketing cookies
Marketing cookies track the surfing behaviour of our website visitors and enable us to optimise our marketing initiatives.
We use the cookies of Google AdWords to register a user’s reaction after viewing an advertisement or having clicked on one, with the purpose of measuring effectiveness.
- NID (retention period: 6 months)
More information here on Google cookies.
How can you deactivate cookies ?
You can deactivate cookies, as well as refuse them or adjust how they operate, although in those cases our website will no longer work at an optimal level. Do you want to change the settings for cookies? Then you can find instructions here below on how to do that for various browser programmes:
- Cookie settings for Chrome
- Cookie settings for Firefox
- Cookie settings for Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings for Safari: Go to ‘Preferences’ > ‘Privacy’ and indicate that you want to block all cookies. For iPads, iPhones or the iPod Touch, you can find the cookie options under ‘Settings’ > ‘Safari’.
- Cookie settings for Opera
You can stop Google Analytics cookies from being saved by making the necessary changes to your browser settings (see below). Do be aware, however, that you will likely not be able to make use of all the functionality on offer on our website.
You can also opt out in the case of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage….